Specialist Accounting I in Destrehan, LA
Purpose and Description:
This position provides support in the areas of claims payment processing, accounts receivable and bordereau projects.
- Position requires an understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Must be extremely detailed and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to collaborate on a small finance team.
- High degree of familiarity with all Microsoft or Google products especially Excel.
- Claims Payment Processing:
- Monitor and action claim payment check queue
- Update supporting excel work papers / trackers
- Respond to adjuster inquiries related to payments
- Upload claim payments / check copies to files Accounts Receivable
- Cash Receipts:
- review deposits from multiple sources in accounting software and confirm applied correctly
- Prepare checks received in the office for deposit
- Work as a collector on delinquent accounts
- Maintain records of collection attempts
- Other Financial Functions:
- Monthly bank reconciliation packet prep
- Can multitask and prioritize workload to meet fluctuating business needs
- Assists with special projects as directed
- Associate degree or equivalent, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in similar position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)