Please note: The ?Close? date for this posting has been removed. The ?Review Start? date has been changed to 2/4/2019.
The University of Arizona?s Confluencenter for Creative Inquiry is seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will support the Program Coordinator, Senior with all office responsibilities including financial management, record keeping, and file management for the Confluencenter for Creative Inquiry. This position requires excellent writing and personal communication skills, as well as highly developed organizational skills. UAccess Financials, and web management skills using Drupal are also important. Some work may be required after regular business hours or on weekends to assist other staff with Confluencenter events. The desired candidate will implement the highest degree of professionalism as demonstrated in their work ethic and interpersonal engagement with colleagues.
The Confluencenter strives to become recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally as an intellectual hub for creative, inter-disciplinary research where the arts, humanities, and social sciences intersect all disciplines. The center also strives to advance diversity through supporting students, staff, faculty, and scholars who bring underrepresented perspectives to scholarship, both in the themes they explore in their work and in their own identities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of administrative and/or secretarial activities such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of source.
- Researches, summarizes and analyzes information, calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information; selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, students, alumni, patients, outside agencies and the public concerning information or complaints.
- Opens and reviews all incoming mail; answers inquiries and composes correspondence on own initiative on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forwards other items to appropriate staff.
- Greet guests that come in the front door of the Confluencenter.
- Answer phones and direct inquiries as necessary.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Manage office supply inventory, order replacement items as necessary.
- Help with new hire responsibilities (keys, forms, computers, supplies).
- Operate a variety of general office equipment.
- Facilitate recycling pickup with Facilities Management when needed.
- Attend and assist with all CCI programs and events that may require after regular business hours or on weekends to assist other staff.
- Provide general office support as requested and needed.
- Maintains and reconciles budgets for departmental, institutional or work unit accounts; monitors expenditures and performs simple analysis on accounts; prepares both special and recurring reports and authorizes payments within prescribed limits; makes recommendations for purchases.
- Processes PCard charges, verify amounts, accounts, and object codes for accuracy.
- Work with UAccess Financials.
- Process payments and reimbursements.
- Processes travel related documents (travel authorization forms, reservations, advancements, reimbursements).
- Manage filing of electronic documents on the share drive (renaming, reorganization).
- Input information into constituents database (Mail Chimp, and Affiliates Database).
- Manage and assist with Confluencenter?s social media platforms.
- Compile information for report purposes (CCI Awards).
- Prepare forms or materials as requested.
- Add time sensitive material to the website.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Skill in basic math.
- Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
Minimum Qualifications Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Four years of directly related experience; OR, a Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three years of directly related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Bachelor?s degree from a related field and at least two years of experience working in an office environment (student work is acceptable).
- Knowledge of UAccess Financials.
- Skill in Drupal websites.
- Skill in Smartsheets.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Administrative and Professional Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits FLSA Non-Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $13.50 Per Hour