Position Title: RESIDENT ASSISTANT
Reports to: Wellness Director
- Caring people, Serving people, Improving lives
- SERVICE AND GROWTH – We will be passionate about caring for and serving our residents, their families, and in seeking new residents.
- LEADERSHIP ? We will seek to identify and train effective leaders at every level of the organization.
- SIMPLICITY ? We will focus on the fundamentals.
- IMPROVEMENT ? We will get a little better each day.
- STEWARDSHIP ? We will be stewards of all our resources.
- ATTITUDE ? We will enthusiastically support each other in accomplishing our mission and goals.
- PERSEVERANCE ? We will always Press On.Summary:
The Resident Assistant is a member of the personal services staff and is responsible for assisting the resident in all areas of care as assigned by the Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and conveys community?s philosophy of maintaining elements of self-care and encouraging
- Receives report from the previous shift and med
- Reads the shift-to-shift report and shower schedule for information and changes before coming on Documents in the shift-to-shift report book and ADL binder before going off shift.
- Assists with activities of daily living, environmental orientation, vital signs, simple treatments, and other care.
- Escorts residents to and from dining room while encouraging residents to find their own
- Assist with serving meals and dining room duties as
- Provides laundry and housekeeping services to residents as
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control via proper handling of equipment, soiled linen, bedpans, urinals, and adequate hand washing.
- Documents care given; adhering to community policies and
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors including housekeeping duties as
- Reports deficiencies observed in resident apartments clothing/linen and community in
- Observes any changes in resident physical or mental status and communicates to the administrator or resident assistant
- Is thoroughly familiar with fire, missing persons and other emergency procedures; Follows community policy and procedures detailed in fire and disaster
- Avoids loss, breakage, and waste of supplies and
- Relieves at front desk, providing constant coverage for call and alarm system, as well as clerical and secretarial support as
- Assures door is alarmed at all
- Assists with resident activity programs as
- Wears name tag at all
Performs other duties as assigned by any member of management.
- Performs resident care with an awareness of dignity and individuality, with understanding and
- Maintains acceptable attendance record; notifies supervisor if late or unable to work in accordance with personnel policies; follows work
- Requires minimal Is a self-starter.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately; sets priorities and accomplishes assigned
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action; demonstrates consistently pleasant demeanor, tone of voice, supports the philosophy and approach to care used by the
- Keeps resident information confidential; respects resident?s rights, respects privacy and right to self-determination of
- Performs unpleasant tasks with grace; works cooperatively with supervisors and displays willingness to assist co-workers.
- Abides by established policies and procedures of Looks for ways to improve community functioning.
- Keeps work areas neat and clean; helps maintain appearance of
- Is able to communicate effectively, verbally, and in
- Has ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
- Is accurate, dependable, neat and thorough in assigned
- Ability and willingness to learn
Exposure to blood/bodily fluids is likely.
Has ability to do occasional heavy lifting of residents (up to 80 lbs.).
Job Type: Full-time