AECOM is seeking a Clerk 2/Assistant Facility Security Officer (Part-Time) to support the Norfolk location on a temporary, part-time basis with the potential to become full-time.
1. Answer, screen and direct telephone calls and take and relay messages. Greet and direct visitors and personally attend to routine inquiries. Receive, open, sort and distribute mail, calling attention to important items and attaching relevant files and documents as requested.
2. Ensure that correspondence complies with established standards for grammar, punctuation, terminology and spelling. Reviews materials prepared for supervisor’s approval for accuracy and proper format.
3. Receive, open, sort and distribute mail, calling attention to important items and attaching relevant files and documents as requested.
4. Operate photocopy machinery and coordinate document reproduction.
5. Maintain calendars for assigned personnel and schedule meetings and appointments.
6. Organize and maintain computerized and manual files, records, schedules, inventories, libraries and databases, back up and purge systems as required and annotate files, and retrieve data in report form as required.
7. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
8. Assist in one or more of the following functions: accounting, purchasing, marketing, office services, and security.
9. Assist with and process incoming and outgoing visit/badge requests.
10. Conduct Security orientation for new hires, including briefs and badging.
11. Process, input and retrieve data and manager databases as required.
12. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
13. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
+ Requires 1+ years in secretarial and general office routines.
+ Requires the ability to read and interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
+ Requires knowledge of secretarial and clerical routines and procedures as well as basic computer operation and keyboard skills.
+ Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
+ Preferred candidates will have at least three years of Business Administration or Clerical work.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to ?make amazing happen? in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person?s potential, and we?ll help you reach yours.