1. Provide patient care assignments as delegated by and under the direction of a registered nurse.
2. Clerical/manages supplies/equipment in designated care areas.
3. Provides care to the patient according to the plan of care, unit routine and hospital policy. Documents in electronic medical record.
4. Acts as a receptionist and organizes daily work assignment based on unit priorities.
5. Organizes daily work assignments based on unit priorities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of nursing assistant program and/or one year nursing assistant experience preferred.
- AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required within 6 months of employment.
- Nursing Assistant certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance.
- Able to lift/push 10-20 lbs. of office supply items and recycling documents.
- Ability to ambulate for short periods throughout the day.
- Extensive bending and lifting; must be able to transfer patients from wheelchair to stretcher.
Employee may be:
- frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs.
- occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances.
- infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids.