Stratus Solutions has been selected to design, implement, integrate, and operate multiple cloud-based software development environments which will be used by the United States Air Force. These environments will be used to maximize the efficiency and agility in the software development lifecycle of the F-22 Raptor in order to maintain its air superiority. This effort affords our team members the unique opportunity of working with bleeding-edge cloud computing technologies in a multitude of environments, both on-premises and in multiple cloud datacenters utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This is a new-start program for Stratus Solutions and the US Air Force, so you will be entering this opportunity on the ground-floor. Our team has the freedom to architect a complete solution from beginning-to-end based on customer requirements, best practices, and our recommended design considerations. Since we are the sole integrators for this effort, we will be responsible for all parts of the solution including cloud-based networking, infrastructure evolution, robust security, and process automation activities.
Stratus Solutions is in the unique position of having successfully completed similar cloud-centric solutions of like scope for other government clients. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our existing staff of cloud computing subject matter experts for knowledge transfer and support throughout this effort.
We are seeking the best and brightest to join our team. This is your opportunity to fuse your in-depth knowledge and experience with the latest in cutting-edge cloud computing technologies.
Help shape the future of cloud networking by fusing traditional on-premises networking hardware and technologies with Linux software-based routing running in the cloud.
Disrupt traditional computer networking and define the future. This role offers you a rare opportunity to learn and work with AWS daily while you help construct a first-of-its kind nationwide virtual software development environment for the US Air Force.
This is a hybrid role in which you will spend part of your time implementing networking using traditional networking processes, practices and products and the remainder using AWS tools and cloud networking technologies.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Connect physical and virtual cloud networks
- Isolate and protect cloud infrastructures from others
- Set up complex VPN tunnels, routing, and firewall interconnections
- Reconcile routes and propagate connectivity via BGP
- Develop dynamic scaling cloud networking techniques to handle increased capacity
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embrace emerging technology- You want to leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Crave complexity- You will be working with a complex architecture of VPN tunnels, routers, firewalls which bridge on-premises network devices to AWS virtual private clouds.
- A Creative Communicator: You can communicate with audiences of varying technical ability in a language each understands.
- Are agile- You want to be a member of a small dynamic team working together and doing whatever it takes to successfully develop a first-of-its kind solution for this government customer.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate your day-to-day tasks in to increase efficiency, speed, and utility.
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple types of environments from a security compliance perspective.
What we are expecting from you (I.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least three years of relevant networking experience with switching, routing, VPNs
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines. (Such as Cisco and Palo Alto, etc.)
- Experience working within Linux environments, preferably using Linux as a software-based router.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Python, Bash, etc. for process automation.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M level 2 (or successfully obtain such certification within 90 days of employment)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent area of technical study is preferred, or an additional 4 years of relevant experience can be a substitute for a bachelor?s degree.
- Current Top Secret clearance (or higher) with SCI eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program information, including the willingness to submit to a counter-intelligence polygraph
- Willingness to travel within the continental US. (Note- travel is not expected to be constant, but expected to be more frequent in the beginning of this project during the requirements gathering, planning and coordination stages)
Nice to have (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated expertise working with traditional networking elements including routers, switches and firewalls across multiple product lines.
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory. At a minimum, you should have an understanding/knowledge of AWS architectures, capabilities, and services.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as AWS, Cisco, RedHat, Microsoft, etc.
- Industry-recognized security certifications such as CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.
- Experience working in ever changing dynamic environments
- Prior DoD Experience
What we will provide in return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent?s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.