Position Start Date: Immediately
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Must Be Authorized To Work In USA
Senior level position that can work independently and on a team. Applies GAAP principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Primary responsibility is to maintain multi-book general ledger and supporting schedules and perform month end close activities. Must have strong Consolidation background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General Ledger
- Perform multi-national currency translations and multi-national consolidations, including elimination entries
- Analyze intercompany, clearing and suspense accounts to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Produce, maintain and organize monthly financial reports
- Applies accounting standards
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Originate and process journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Intercompany Accounting Activities
- Book ICPO/invoices in general ledger
- Maintain intercompany billing file and due to/from accounts
- Monitor and create miscellaneous AR Other (non-Trade AR)
- Book international company notes and interest in general ledger
- Tax issues
- Assist with financial audit schedules prepared by client
- Compile and prepare supporting documents for property and sales tax filing
- Account Payables
- Understand and oversee Purchase to Pay accounting cycle
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and report on variances
- Corporate Records/Legal Documents
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Maintain proper filing of the corporate documents
- Special projects as directed by Management
Education / Experience
Bachelor?s degree in Accounting and 10 or more years of operational accounting experience; CPA/CMA required. Epicor ERP experience highly preferred. Master?s Degree in Accounting preferred. Candidate must demonstrate through education and experience ?
- Strong understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting principles
- Experience with engineering or construction project accounting and/or manufacturing accounting preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and perform independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger (Epicor 10 ERP); electronic mail; and order processing systems. Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications, advanced to expert level MS Excel skills required. Epicor ERP strongly preferred, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Professional Accountant (?CPA?) desired.
GTC Technology offers an excellent benefits package that will be discussed during the interviewing process.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Kay Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter ?Consolidation Accountant? in the subject line.