Location: New York
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families is a new cabinet agency in Washington State that has been established for the purpose of delivering existing services in a way that produces better outcomes for children, youth, and families served by the State of Washington.
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant 4 to join our team at DCYF. This position performs a wide of complex secretarial and administrative duties to support the Licensing Programs Senior Administrator, Foster Care Administrator and Program Administrator.
Some of what you would be doing:
- Coordinate activities and schedules; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; ensure smooth office operations. Devise and evaluate office procedures.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents as necessary.
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the FCSA, FCA Administrators, Program Administrator and the regions; prepare the first draft reports on routine administrative matters.
- Receive and screen communications to the FCSA, Foster Care Administrator, Program Administrators and the regions including telephone calls and email messages: and provide assistance using independent judgement to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication from and to regional area offices, state office, and partners.
- Make and track travel arrangements for Administrators in programs as necessary; also maintain appointment schedules, calendars and arrange meetings and conferences for Administrators as requested.
- Assist in devising statewide standards/procedures to ensure adherence to policies as well as actively working with AA3’s in updating and maintaining the Administrative Support Desk Manual in an effort to improve consistency statewide.
- Facilitate and coordinate the equipment and furnishings in the region offices.
- Read, acknowledge and follow DCYF agency policies and procedures.
- Respond and prepare requests for Review of settlement agreement for the Administrator.
- Provide direct customer service for DCYF Licensing Program.
High School graduation or GED; AND four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work.
- Exemplary customer satisfaction skills; including dealing effectively with the public both in person and over the telephone.
- Creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments.
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Business correspondence formatting.
- Basic mathematical computations, accounting and record keeping.
- Time management.
- Computer application related to the work.
- Standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Work as a team member.
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace.
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of DCYF policies, administrative procedures, program operations, services, and organizational structure.
- High proficient knowledge of Microsoft-Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint and also Adobe Acrobat.
- In depth understanding of travel guidelines including DCYF Accounting policies, SAAM Policies, and OFM regulations.
- Ability to make reasonable judgments in complex and changing organizational environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, and other electronic equipment issues.
- Ability to create and maintain tracking and monitoring systems.
How do I apply?
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
Letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position
Current resume detailing experience and education
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as “see attachments” or “N/A” in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 628-0114 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email email@example.com.
To take advantage of Veteran’s preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate ‘how’.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.