Numa provides the world?s leading drilling technology with over 110 DTH Hammer and Bit products serving 11 different industries. Our continued growth requires us to serve an expanding customer base in over 105 countries with our increasing portfolio of 13 patented designs. We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer in our headquarters located in Thompson, CT. The position is responsible for all aspects of research and development, mechanical design, materials engineering, industrial engineering, and project development of DTH hammers and bits. The role requires a creative thinker who enjoys rolling up the sleeves and getting dirty to create remarkable designs. The emphasis will be on mechanical design, metallurgy, pneumatics and hydraulics. The Design Engineer will perform the following primary job duties, among others:
- Research, analyze, design, and develop new products.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Design, model, and test prototypes for product; set up and run laboratory simulations.
- Establish testing procedures, conduct field tests, document results, and develop leadership/customer presentations.
- Conduct and participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Construct and assist technicians in manufacturing of developed products.
- Interface with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate development plans.
- Support customers and field representatives.
- Identify and keep abreast of current technical concepts.
- Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and fatigue issues.
- Author technical reports, papers, presentations, and patents.
- Travel to drilling locations to conduct research, development and field evaluations.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on positioning products in the marketplace.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 8+ years of experience in the design of drilling equipment or heavy machinery
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker who is a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Proficient in SolidWorks, 3D CAD modeling and FE analysis
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks/priorities
- Microsoft Office and ERP system experience
In exchange for your talents, Numa Tool Company offers a comfortable working environment, opportunity for growth, and a solid pay and benefits package including medical, dental, company paid life and short-term disability, paid vacations & holidays, tuition reimbursement programs, and 401(K) plan. To be considered, respond by clicking the link below.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.