Location: West Virginia
West Liberty University is looking for a quality-oriented candidate for the position of Director of Purchasing. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, staff position and reports directly to the Controller. This position has the primary responsibility for University purchasing of supplies, materials, equipment, and contractual services.
- Directs, evaluates and oversees administration and operation of Purchasing, Fixed Assets, P-card and Accounts Payable.
- Works in close consultation with deans, directors, department heads and financial managers analyzing and recommending strategies relating to purchasing and contracting.
- Responsible for preparation and administration of Purchase Orders, Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Invitation to Bid processes.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Plan, develops, manages and monitors procurement activity.
- Uses efficient cost controlling methods.
- Provides direction to meet departmental goals.
- Ensures purchasing is in compliance with pertinent policies, laws, regulations, rules, and limits.
- Responsible for the State P-card payment process, including audit of transactions.
- Maintains contracts and procurement records.
- Responsible for developing institutional policies regarding, Travel, A/P, P-card, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Banner Finance experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of state purchasing and competitive bid requirements, business management, purchasing, and contracting practices preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with desktop computer software including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel in the University and representatives of contractors, vendors, and other public agencies.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Purchasing, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible purchasing work experience preferred.
West Liberty University (http://www.westliberty.edu) is a small, comprehensive institution under the auspices of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.
West Liberty University is a four-year public university and West Virginia’s oldest institution of higher education. Situated on a picturesque hilltop, just 10 miles from Wheeling, WLU is a small market metro with a rich heritage. Living costs are low, cultural opportunities are many and public parks and schools make it a great place to live, work and raise a family. WLU features a main campus and a nearby satellite campus, located at the Highlands Shopping Complex. Both locations are minutes from Pennsylvania and Ohio borders, offering easy access to major airports, shopping, dining and entertainment.
West Liberty University does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
STARTING DATE: Anticipated date of hire is February 2019
All interested individuals should apply and submit a cover letter, a detailed and current resume, three references and salary requirements.
West Liberty University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. Individuals who need assistance with the application process may contact Sue Garrison at 304-336-8029 or email@example.com. (do not apply to this email)
SUCCESSFULLY PASSING A BACKGROUND SCREENING REPORT IS
REQUIRED FOR FINAL EMPLOYMENT
WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY IS A TOBACCO-FREE CAMPUS