Full / Part-time: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 40
Location: San Antonio, McAllen, or Fort Worth, TX
The Enterprise Analytics & Insights Director is part of a high-performing Business Analytics and Insights Team that will provide actionable and innovative solutions to address complex and unstructured business questions by leveraging various datasets and advanced statistical techniques. This person will be a leader-doer who assists in compiling, analyzing and interpreting data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to the business.
This consultative role will interact heavily with key stakeholders to understand, define and provide solutions to business challenges. They will provide subject matter expertise on all matters of business analytical or operational data needs and work closely with enterprise process owners to integrate data analytics into those business processes to improve business performance and to achieve long term business goals.
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Builds and manages a strong modeling analytics team.
2. Establishes performance objectives and provides ongoing feedback and coaching.
3. Provide actionable and innovative analytical solutions to address key business questions by leveraging various datasets and advanced statistical techniques.
4. Proactively monitor and analyze performance data and market trends to identify opportunities and make recommendations for change.
5. Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss prediction, to assess customer value, to predict customer behavior or financial performance and other business applications.
6. Work closely with contractors and external vendors to increase and enhance the use of advanced analytics that provide business insights
7. Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support.
8. Researches new internal and external data sources.
9. A subject matter expert in consulting and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
10. Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their contribution to resolving business issues.
11. Interacts across key lines of business in tandem with business partners and enterprise risk teams to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of their reporting needs.
12. Understand complex IT and business customer challenges as it pertains to enterprise architecture, Big Data, and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve problems in a consultative manner.
13. Continue to evolve and upgrade the team?s technical skills with SQL, R, Python, and other emerging analytics technologies.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Science discipline OR 5+ of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
2. 5+ year?s managerial experience or experience working with cross-functional analyst teams in a leadership capacity
3. Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills with the ability to shape messages and content to audiences of widely varying roles and technical backgrounds
4. Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation to continuously learn and produce high quality work
5. Good understanding of standard modeling strategies, statistics, and quantitative analysis
6. Proficiency in predictive modeling, logistic regression, survival analysis, design of experiments, decision trees, data mining methods, and other advanced statistical techniques.
7. Familiarity with a data visualization software packages, e.g., PowerBI, SiSense, Tableau, or others
8. Excellent knowledge of a statistical software package or programming language, such R or Python
9. Excellent knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, charts, and graphs
10. Excellent knowledge of SQL
11. Solid experience in data reporting and ETL development
- 8+ years of experience with demonstrated experience applying analytics to real world problems, particularly in the customer experience arena
- Experience working in regulated environments (e.g. Financial Services).
- Preferred Experience with any of the following cloud data and analytics technologies:
o AWS ? EMR, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue
o Azure ? HDInsight, ADLS, Data Lake Analytics, Event Hubs, SQL Data Warehouse
o GCP ? BigQuery, BigTable, Dataflow, DataProc
- Machine Learning experience with either Azure ML, Spark Mllib, TensorFlow, or similar