- Job ID: 1183602
- Private Patient Suites: 94
- Intensive Care Unit Beds: 6
- Surgical Suites: 4
- Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum (LDRP) Rooms: 16
- C-Section Rooms: 2
- Medical/Surgical Rooms: 72
- Emergency Department Treatment Rooms: 6
- Observation Rooms: 6
- Cardiac Cath Labs: 2
- MRI: 1
- CT: 1
- General Radiology Suites: 2
- Ultrasound: 2
- Nuclear Medicine Suite: 1
- Medical Staff: 294
- Allied Health Professional Staff: 80
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with ADL, performs VS, I&O, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, foley care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient’s needs.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning, as well as acting as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Direct Patient Care – Less than 1 year
- Hospital Setting – Less than 1 year
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) – Less than 1 year
- PRN Schedule –
- Non-Benefit Eligible – Benefits Statement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Employment Status: PRN
Your Career. Made Better.
The Med Surg 5th Floor provides nursing care for adult medical/surgical/telemetry patients. Cares for patients pre and post cardiac catheterizations, surgical patients, percutaneous transluminal coronary (PTCA) and vascular intervention, respiratory problems, and renal patients. It also cares for patients who have new tracheostomies placed during hospitalizations.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the RN which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient’s condition.
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Licenses & Certifications
Clinical – Direct Skills
Additional Job Information
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings