Location: West Virginia
National Capital Region
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to provide pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through school students through skills training, meaningful internships, and impactful relationships.
Purpose of Position
Lead, motivate, supervise and mentor youth in a manner that helps transform high school students into workforce ready young professionals. The Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing the Genesys Works? core summer and internship model with students and managing supporting relationships. This occurs through the provision of a training program, continuous interaction with the interns and relationship development with the companies providing the jobs.
- Direct student coaching and support:
- Manage a cohort of 30 ? 35 young professionals in their year-long internship, specifically focused on workplace
- Work one-on-one with students to develop trusting relationships through mentoring and encouragement throughout the program, facilitating long-term individual and program success.
- Actively monitor student intern performance in the workplace and deliver student evaluations based on overall
- Coach interns on how to successfully balance school, work, and life during
- Ensuring the College Access Program meets programmatic benchmarks and
- Maintain metrics and student benchmarks throughout the program to measure and assure student success in training, and in the
- Update intern status and all interactions in
- Professional skills training and coaching:
- Facilitate and train students on the Genesys Works? professional skills curriculum during an eight-week summer training
- Monitor summer training performance and provide primary input on students who earn an internship based on summer training performance. Play an active role in influencing placement decisions within your partner
- Corporate partnership support:
- Think creatively about how to manage a large cohort of interns at different corporate partner sites, defining account strategy and executing strategy over the course of the year.
- Work closely with senior management and partner champion to influence overall client management and renewal
- Collaborate with other Program Coordinators to develop and share best practices related to client management. Utilize these shared learnings to build out and refine the position going
- Actively lead and influence corporate partner events and initiatives throughout the year related to account strategy and internship
- Manage relationships with intern supervisors, reacting quickly to intern concerns, and helping to build a Genesys Works supervisor brand and cohort feel within a partner
- Deep belief in organizational mission;
- Professional demeanor and 3+ years of professional experience working in business, education, workforce development or in working with youth in underserved communities;
- Experience presenting, facilitation or training with a strong presence and leadership in instructional or group setting;
- Drive for building meaningful relationships and partnerships;
- Ability to manage 30-35 student cases/files;
- Ability to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus;
- Strong sense of accountability for both student achievement and personal development;
- Ability to problem-solve and handle student crises;
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations in diverse settings (e.g. students, corporate personnel and school administrators);
- Ability to work with computers and databases;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
- Must pass a background check;
- A current driver?s license and reliable access to a car with current insurance;
- Four-year college degree, all majors
Including, but not limited to standing and sitting for long periods of time; speaking loudly and clearly; seeing and hearing things both near and far away; and reaching, stooping, kneeling, and fine-finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board, or projector. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. Employee may be required to walk for long distances at event venues, corporate partner locations, or other relevant sites. Most work environments are climate-controlled, open space floor plans.
Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at Genesys Works are based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Genesys Works will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any these characteristics. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff and corporate partners are essential to successfully executing our organizational mission. As such, we seek to recruit, support, develop, and retain high caliber talent from a diverse candidate pool that both complements and reflects the students we proudly serve.
In our quest to be a nonprofit employer of choice, we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous time off to include vacation, wellness, and (10) company paid holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun company-sponsored events, and celebrations to honor our students and staff
Click on this LINK to submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. Applications are due March 1st with a desired start date of April/May. For more information about Genesys Works and our programming, please visit our website at www.genesysworks.org.