POSITION: Accounting Specialist
The Interroll Group is one of the world?s leading specialists within the field of internal logistics, conveyors and sorters. Headquartered in Switzerland, the exchange-listed company employs around 1,800 people at 31 enterprises around the globe. Among the company?s 23,000 customers worldwide are plant manufacturers, system integrators and equipment manufacturers. Our Products are in daily use by global brands everyone knows, like Amazon, Bosch, Coca-Cola, DHL, Procter & Gamble, Red Bull, Siemens, Walmart and Yamaha (Motorcycles). On top of that, Interroll initiates global research projects for logistics efficiency and is actively supporting industry associations for standards or better use of resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Checks and approves all vouchers for payment.
- Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Plans, coordinates and assists with implementing special events such as fund raisers, holiday celebrations, and other company functions.
- Provides switchboard backup during lunch and breaks on a rotating schedule.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Keeps commitments.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Possess and display Interroll?s Guiding Principles at all times:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent plus some post-secondary coursework.
- Possess at least 3 years of similar or related experience.
- Possess proficiency in one or more software programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Possess the ability to address and solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Possess the ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, customers, or vendors.
- Possess communications skills using common courtesy and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, peers or management.
- Possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts