**Job Summary We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Team Lead and grow into an Assistant Manager and a General Manager. We want to give you the tools to succeed! Leaders at Planet Fitness lead through actions, always acting based on a character ethic approach, constantly focusing on the quality of your daily interactions. Managers are the catalyst for producing exceptional experiences for the members by building a strong team that believes and understands the Judgement Free Zone.
Qualifications/Requirements Superior customer service skills – Friendly, Positive, Talkative Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic! Desire to grow into Assistant Manager and Club Manager Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
High school diploma/GED equivalent required. Must be 18 year of age or older.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines. Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
Assist in scheduling and supervising staff. Member service oversight – Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns. Involved in all front desk related activities including: Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions. Check members into the system. New member sign-up. Take prospective members on tours. Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually). Backup support for any employee who is absent. Physical Demands Continual standing and walking during shift. Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift. Must be able to occasionally liftt up to 50 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member?s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and and communicate with Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Assist management with training new hires.
- Clean equipment and areas of the facility.
- Active enforcement of all Planet Fitness Policies.
- Promote and sign up new members for PE@PF
- Promote and sign up new members for Planet of Triumphs.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member?s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve on feet.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.